[Catalyst-dev] Catalyst::Plugin::ConfigLoader patch

Brian Cassidy brian.cassidy at nald.ca
Sat Aug 19 04:38:37 CEST 2006

Joel Bernstein wrote:
> Having discussed with marcus and jrockway on IRC, it seems that given
> that trunk/Catalyst-Plugin-ConfigLoader is currently broken (for which I
> apologise - I won't commit anything to this again without asking
> permission first, since Marcus has explained that it is considered part
> of the core) the right thing to do is to branch ConfigLoader, revert my
> commits from last week, and then commit ConfigLoader again... Although
> I'm worried that this will leave Config::Any in an inconsistent state.

Since I'm the primary author of the module, I'll volunteer to do the
cleanup. What I plan to do is the following:

+ create two patches:
    - the revert patch to go from rev 4829 back to 4828
    - the Config::Any modifications from 4828 to 4829

+ apply the revert patch

+ create a branch for the C::Any stuff

+ apply the 4828->4829 patch to the branch

+ apply your patch from the previous message to the branch

... that should bring the branch up to date without sacrificing the
integrity of the code in trunk

If no one objects (or has a better way of doing it :) by tomorrow
evening, i'll proceed.

-Brian