[Catalyst-dev] [upload at pause.perl.org: CPAN Upload: R/RA/RATAXIS/Config-Any-0.04.tar.gz]

Joel Bernstein joel at fysh.org
Tue Aug 22 23:58:33 CEST 2006

Hi Catalyst devs,

I'm proud to announce that with help from jvanasco, mst and LTjake I
have put together Config::Any, which is a standalone module which
encapsulates the non-Catalyst-specific functionality from
C::Plugin::ConfigLoader in such a way as to be useful in other projects.
I've extended the interface a bit, written a bunch of tests, and now
released my first CPAN module.

The new version of ConfigLoader is available for perusal in a branch of
the Catalyst svn:
http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/Catalyst/branches/Catalyst-Plugin-ConfigLoader-Config-Any
and should also be hitting CPAN at some point, I guess. I'm obviously
waiting for approval from the Dev team for this, hopefully if enough of
you guys are happy with the new ConfigLoader code then the branch can be
merged into trunk and a release made in due course.

What I'd ask at this point is for people to install Config::Any and test
the ConfigLoader branch code with your config files. I've tested it with
all the configuration I can find, but I'd still like to see a few +1's
from the wild...

/joel

----- Forwarded message from PAUSE <upload at pause.perl.org> -----