[Catalyst-dev] Please Review Tutorial Changes For RenderView

hkclark at gmail.com hkclark at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 04:58:16 CEST 2006

On 7/4/06, hkclark at gmail.com <hkclark at gmail.com> wrote:
> > While I'm not a big fan of committing "rough draft" material, I know
> > we are under a tight deadline to get 5.7000 out, so I went ahead and
> > put some initial thoughts into svn to update the tutorial for
> > RenderView.  I could very much use some input on this... my concerns
> > are:
> >

> Would it be a good idea to have the helper for Root.pm put in the
> commend for the end action so that it's already using RenderView?
>
> Kennedy

Two update:

1) I have not heard back from anyone on this... my guess is if we ship
5.7000 with the tutorial "as is" we will regret it :-)   If there is
anyone familiar with RenderView out there, please review my changes.
2) Re my previous note about the helper: it looks like I'm using an
old version of Catalyst::Helper -- it looks like the version in trunk
does what I was talking about.
3) After playing with RenderView a little more, I'm guessing that the
"sub end : ActionClass('RenderView')" should NOT include the
"$c->forward('MyApp::View::TT') unless $c->res->body;" line as I show
in the links to the stuff I submitted to subversion earlier today.  If
I leave that line in, it pukes with a "Coldn't render template "file
error - books/list: not found"" error message.

Thanks,
Kennedy

PS -- Looks like there is a typo in the "Coldn't render..." -- might
be worth fixing for 5.7000.