[Catalyst-dev] Handling of Links On First Page of Tutorial

hkclark at gmail.com hkclark at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 18:25:45 CEST 2006

A couple of users have mentioned that the existing layout of the
Catalyst Tutorial "front page" is a little confusing as it appears on
search.cpan.org:

http://search.cpan.org/~mramberg/Catalyst-Runtime-5.7001/lib/Catalyst/Manual/Tutorial.pod

I believe the main concern is that the "=head2" headings below
"Detailed Table of Contents" are automatically converted by
search.cpan.org to point back to the #top of that page (vs. linking to
the actual chapter in question).  For example, if you click "Part 1:
Introduction" here:

http://search.cpan.org/~mramberg/Catalyst-Runtime-5.7001/lib/Catalyst/Manual/Tutorial.pod#Detailed_Table_Of_Contents

you got back to the page, not to the actual "Part 1" of the tutorial.

In talking with Gavin Henry, we thought if I already have the =head2
headings as a link, then the search.cpan.org scripts will leave it
that way.  You should be able to see that approach here:

http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/changeset/4743

Please let me know if you think this won't work or you know of a
better solution.

Thanks & regards,
Kennedy