[Catalyst-dev] Anonymous wiki edits

Wade.Stuart at fallon.com Wade.Stuart at fallon.com
Wed Jun 7 16:45:12 CEST 2006

catalyst-dev-bounces at lists.rawmode.org wrote on 06/07/2006 07:36:24 AM:

> Hello,
>
> Due to a wiki defacement incident today (see
> http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/wiki/ApAci and the PageHistory of
> http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/wiki/WikiStart for traces of this attack)
> anonymous editing and creating of wiki pages is temporarily disabled. A
> solution (probably using a form of web-based sign-up) will be put in
> place as soon as possible.
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience,
> Grün Christian-Rolf [kiki/kixx]

Thanks!  I was getting sick of cleaning up after the spam bots.   Can you
make sure to rename the link used for the signup page to a unique one for
the site if you are using a well known plugin?  This will make the spambots
go through a few more hoops to get in -- unless you are doing some sort of
captcha.