[Catalyst-dev] Re: file upload bug - patch attached

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Fri Nov 17 18:24:25 GMT 2006

* Jonathan Rockway <jon at jrock.us> [2006-11-17 18:55]:
> On second thought, is there a reason why we're not blessing the
> 'filename'?  How can the app differentiate between a textfield
> with the text 'filename' and an actual file named 'filename'?

CGI.pm blesses the value in order to enable a lazy (and
dangerous) idiom; I don’t see any need to emulate that. If the
form elements both have the same name, it would seems the app
doesn’t need/want to distinguish them, anyway.

The Catalyst way of getting at the upload info is much like the
sane API in CGI.pm: you use `$c->req->upload('foo')` rather than
`$c->req->param('foo')`.

Regards,