[Catalyst-dev] Catalyst::Manual

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Mon Oct 9 09:06:48 CEST 2006

I think we should avoid bundling C::M with C::D.  If we change the manual,
then we have to re-release C::D, which is unnecessary.  I'd like to separate
out C::M as its own dist and make it a prereq for C::D.  I think this is what
mst was suggesting on the IRC channel, although I could be wrong.

I'd also like to keep TCT separate, since the tutorial is separate logically
from the manual, and TCT brings in some other tasty bits, like the complete
sample app, and all the plugins (etc.) mentioned in the tutorial.

So I vote for the simple change of making C::M its own dist, and making C::D
depend on that.  The dep tree would look like:

Task::Catalyst::Tutorial
  C::Devel
    C::Runtime
    C::Manual

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway

--
package JAPH;use Catalyst qw/-Debug/;($;=JAPH)->config(name => do {
$,.=reverse qw[Jonathan tsu rehton lre rekca Rockway][$_].[split //,