[Catalyst-dev] Test::MockObject::Extends 1.07 breaks some plugin tests

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Tue Oct 10 16:26:20 CEST 2006

Hi!

Just a heads up that anyone trying to install some Catalyst plugins
from CPAN with the new Test::MockObject will have failures with make
test.

I'm working on an internal minicpan to ease our installation of
Catalyst and found that there is a new version of
Test::MockObject::Extends which will die if a method is unhandled:
http://search.cpan.org/src/CHROMATIC/Test-MockObject-1.07/Changes

Currently, this breaks the tests for
Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Credential::HTTP and
Catalyst::Plugin::Session. I've applied a fix to the tests for
C::P::A::C::HTTP in SVN by handling $c->debug, but I can see that the
tests fail for C::P::Session with:

t/03_flash....................ok 1/7Undefined method
delete_session_data at Catalyst::Plugin::Session /home/tonvoon/.cpan/
build/Catalyst-Plugin-Session-0.12/blib/lib/Catalyst/Plugin/
Session.pm 165

However, I don't understand this code well enough to know if this
needs more attention.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243