[Catalyst-dev] Patch for app_server.pl to daemonise

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Wed Oct 11 15:10:14 CEST 2006

Hi!

Please find a patch attached. It amends the Helper.pm scripts so that
app_server.pl includes options to daemonise the HTTP engine. I've had
to use -pidfile as the option (since -p is already used for the port)
and -background and -b for the daemonise (since -d is already used
for debug).

The patch to HTTP.pm is similar to the code used in FastCGI.pm to
write the pidfile and fork and close file descriptors.

Since our app is used internally at client sites, with a relatively
small number of hits, the development server (behind an apache proxy)
is simpler to setup than a fastcgi server.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243
F: +44 (0)845 280 1725