[Catalyst-dev] subversion/svk public service announcement

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Fri Oct 13 17:32:51 CEST 2006

To make a long story short, I broke svn the other night by running

    svk import /path/to/my/module //mirror/Catalyst/trunk

Apparently this DELETES EVERYTHING in trunk.  The correct invocation is:

    svk import /path/to/my/module/ //mirror/Catalyst/trunk/module

Also keep in mind that when you svk copy from a past revision, you need
to use svk's internal version number, NOT the version number you see on
trac.  (Read the log history to see which revision taught me this lesson :)

My suggestion is to import to a branch (or local branch), and then <svk
move> to trunk when the module is "stable".  This way you can
collaborate on the development of a module without giving people the
idea that it's stable or production-ready.  Also, it's less of a
nightmare to blow away /branches/yourname than it is to blow away
/trunk.  Just a suggestion :)

Finally, you'll now need to do C<svk log -x //...> when looking at the
history of a file that was in trunk.  Eek.

My apologies for the inconvenience.  jrockway--.  At least I know how to
use svk now...

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway

--
package JAPH;use Catalyst qw/-Debug/;($;=JAPH)->config(name => do {
$,.=reverse qw[Jonathan tsu rehton lre rekca Rockway][$_].[split //,