[Catalyst-dev] Catalyst Marketing Plan Draft

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 10:10:13 CEST 2006

Hi all,

That is a great news!

Answering your question if there is something else I see one such
thing.  I'll start with a story and then proceed with a more analytic
view.

Let's assume you are a programmer, you have your idea for your great
application and you want to code a working prototype that you could
show to a non-developer.  With Rails you can code it by yourself and
not be ashamed by it's ugliness when you finish.  With Catalyst you
would have to hire some designer.

There is the economic term of complementary product - a complementary
product to programmers work is a nice design.   The theory says that
the value of a product is higher when the price of the complement is
low - so if we want us programmers to be paid well we need to have the
design for cheap - and what is cheaper than having it for free with
the library that you use?

Thus what I would like to add to the marketing plan would be procuring
some nice templates that would be bundled with Catalyst for easy use
by the programmer.

--
Zbyszek

Zbigniew Lukasiak