[Catalyst-dev] Catalyst Marketing Plan Draft

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 00:08:14 CEST 2006

I think that naming plays an important part here.  TTSite is a bad
name, plain and simple.

Reaction is a great name, but is a bit more than just providing some
templating for common behaviors.

And, forward thinking on the TTSite++ ideas...
I do think that a helper that sits on top of the controller helpers
would be nice.  We could create the option for different page types to
determine wrappers and then allow a chain of widgets to be added.

What do you guys think?

On 10/18/06, Jonathan Rockway <jon at jrock.us> wrote:

> > Thus what I would like to add to the marketing plan would be procuring
> > some nice templates that would be bundled with Catalyst for easy use
> > by the programmer.
>
> I agree here.  Before we can let marketing have at this, though, we need
> to get the code infrastructure in place.  I think TTSite is the right
> direction, but there are some problems with it, and I think we need a
> TTSite++ or something like that.
>
> Goals for that:
>
> * Move config from root/lib/config to the myapp.* config file
> * Add framework for templates:
>   - main page (no more header/footer, just a wrapper)
>   - reusable widgets (nav header/footer / sidebar, etc.)
> * make it easy to change themes, if possible
>   - have a base ttsite.css and then an overridable site.css, if possible
> * things that I'm forgetting right now
> * I'm not a big fan of the src/ lib/ static/ layout, maube do something
>   else?
>
> After that, we can turn it over to the web designers to make things
> pretty.  That's not something I'm qualified to do ;)
>
> Other things:
>
> * ::Helper that will have an "add page" command, that will create the
>   .tt file, and add an action in the relevant controller (PPI)

> Comments / code welcome.

Hey, I'm marketing now -- you code what I promise! ;)