[Catalyst-dev] Catalyst Marketing Plan Draft

John Wang johncwang at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 17:45:07 CEST 2006

On 10/19/06, JT Smith <jt at plainblack.com> wrote:

> 2) WebGUI will have a calendar with the features your looking for by the
> end of
> November. It already does have one calendar, but it kind of sucks. The new
> one will be
> all ajaxified, have support for ical (both for publishing and viewing),
> and will allow
> for subscriptions so people can sign up to be reminded about their
> favorite events. I
> know you're promoting catalyst, but there's also something to be said for
> not
> reinventing the wheel.

That's excellent. The calendar app would be to support all Perl events so I
don't see a reason to make Catalyst a requirement. Everyone is busy enough
that if a Perl-based solution is available and works, I would tend prefer
that, especially if it's a solution we (the Perl community) can recommend to
others.

--
John Wang
http://www.dev411.com/blog/