[Catalyst-dev] Catalyst Marketing Plan Draft

John Wang johncwang at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 20:03:15 CEST 2006

On 10/19/06, Jonathan Rockway <jon at jrock.us> wrote:

> It would be nice if you made the source code available.
>
> John Wang wrote:
> > I've been working on a Catalyst-based mailing list archive viewer app
> > which is nearing the final stages. Hopefully it will become a good way
> > to view not just the Catalyst mailing list but other ones as well. I'll
> > be looking for a few beta testers soon to workout what I'm sure will be
> > numerous bugs before launch. Let me know if anyone is interested.

The app code is split into two groups, app specific and generic code that
can be used for other apps. I'm considering open sourcing the latter (but
waiting for a Trac replacement). The app itself will not be open sourced due
to a variety of reasons but I plan on discussing the architecture, design
decisions and possibly some code snippets in blog articles and slide
presentations. It uses Catalyst but makes some departures from standard
Catalyst practices. I put together a brief presentation on what I've learned
from building the app so far. Some departures are mentioned in slides 4-8.

http://www.dev411.com/slides/webappdesign.xul

--
John Wang
http://www.dev411.com/blog/