[Catalyst-dev] catbot

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Fri Oct 20 09:53:19 CEST 2006

I've added a commit bot to #catalyst-dev.  A lot of people seem to not like
this idea, but I thought there was an agreement among some core members about
this.

Here's my plan.  For #catalyst, I'd like the bot to announce new Planet
Catalyst posts (to keep people aware of what's going on in the community), as
well as new delicious entires with the tags "perl catalyst" and "mvc
catalyst" (since "catalyst" is too common).  Other ideas are welcome.

For #catalyst-dev, I'm just having catbot read the trac RSS feed, keeping us
informed of commits, wiki edits, and new problem tickets.  At some point I'll
add CPAN Tester failures and CPAN RT tickets.  (Right now I'm going to bed :)

Anyway, let me know what you think.  If you want the bot gone, please tell me
why.

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway

--
package JAPH;use Catalyst qw/-Debug/;($;=JAPH)->config(name => do {
$,.=reverse qw[Jonathan tsu rehton lre rekca Rockway][$_].[split //,