[Catalyst-dev] Catalyst Marketing Plan Draft

John Wang johncwang at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 20:39:52 CEST 2006

On 10/19/06, Zbigniew Lukasiak <zzbbyy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Going back to the marketing document I see one more thing that can be
> added there - some introduction why we at all need this marketing.

Thanks for bringing up the topic of goals. Setting the explictly will ensure
everyone is using the same assumptions as to what we are trying to achieve.
My view is that marketing serves the stakeholders and for the Catalyst
project I view the stakeholders as:

Catalyst Stakeholders:
- Catalyst project users (includes contributors)

Based on this I think the top goals these stakeholders would like to achieve
via marketing is:

Top Level Goals
- More Catalyst jobs
- More contributions to Catalyst

Jobs includes both corporations hiring directly employees as well as
outsourcing. Contributions to Catalyst includes code, tests, documentation,
bug reporting, blog articles, screen casts and the like.