No subject

Tue Oct 10 10:21:22 CEST 2006

+ More Catalyst jobs
| + More organizations using Catalyst
|   + Proven capability, scalability, productivity, etc.
|   | + Case studies, blog articles, presentations
|   | + Best of breed component selection/integration
|   |   while remaining flexible for enterprise needs
|   + More Catalyst developers
|   | + More Catalyst buzz, excitement
|   | | + More Catalyst blog activity
|   | | + More screen casts
|   | | + More PM/YAPC/OSCON presentations
|   | + Effective low cost hosting
|   | + Easier to learn and use
|   | | + Centralized API reference
|   | | + Easy themeability
|   | + Sufficient numbers of Perl developers
|   |   + More Perl buzz (hopefully accomplished via Cat buzz)
|   + Improve Perl reputation
+ More contributions to Catalyst
  + More Catalyst developers
  | ... (see above)
  + More organizations using Catalyst
    ... (see above)

This can and will be extended with types of organizations and types of
developers as has been mentioned already on this list. This and extra
details will be included in the next version of the marketing plan document.
This structure will allow us to prioritize things and balance efforts to
make sure we don't lose sight of the larger picture and goals. It also
allows us to trace all marketing activities back to the two goals for the
Catalyst user stakeholders: more jobs and more contributions.

There are also disadvantages - more people working with Catalyst means
> APIs need to be more static, any change would involve much more
> communication between parties etc.

The team decided to make the APIs more stable a while ago and there are
already many commercial projects using Catalyst that rely on this promise of
stability. This is documented in Catalyst::Manual::DevelopmentProcess .

--
John Wang
http://www.dev411.com/blog/

------=_Part_19384_18524431.1161369592736