[Catalyst-dev] RFC: JobQueue Job Notification

Peter Edwards peter at dragonstaff.com
Wed Sep 20 14:57:36 CEST 2006

Kiki wrote:
> Status report for jobs is an interesting idea, perhaps via
PoCo::Server::HTTP
That would be pretty cool to have a batch monitor.

>- reports to db can be done via plugin (cause we might not have access to a
database)
Sure, a choice of file, SQL or user-supplied plugin sounds good.

>- yes, however at first I plan to hardcode conditions -> actions to keep
the code lightweight (as mentioned below too)
Fair enough.

>> There is a bit more complexity you could add to do with exclusivity and
job chaining.
>Hmm, while I see that this is quite the standard for batch job systems,
>I don't think this Engine quite fits the description. The jobs for this
>engine are supposed to do lightweight stuff, be modeled on HTTP
>request-response and to be related to the Web Application not system
>maintenance.

My guess is people will bend the limits pretty quickly; as long as it's easy
to extend they could do it themselves :-)

Regards, Peter