[Catalyst-dev] [patch] Catalyst::Engine::Apache bug

Carl Johnstone catalyst at fadetoblack.me.uk
Tue Feb 13 17:33:48 GMT 2007

> IIRC Apache will just 404 any request that  contains %2F unless you set an
> explicit flag (AllowEncodedSlashes On).

Yep that's correct, took me a little while to figure that one out! :-)

> There are some %2F tests in Cat, so I'll try your patch out with the  test
> suite and see how it does.

I should've said that it breaks some of the tests in
t/live_component_controller_action_path in the C:E:A tarball.

Specifically:

        ok(
            my $response =
              request('http://localhost/action/path/a path with spaces'),
            'Request'
        );
        is(
            $response->header('X-Catalyst-Action'),
            'action/path/a path with spaces',
            'Test Action'
        );

breaks with:

#   Failed test 'Test Action'
#   in t/live_component_controller_action_path.t at line 35.
#          got: 'action/path/a%20path%20with%20spaces'
#     expected: 'action/path/a path with spaces'

However I wasn't entirely sure whether the tests are correct there.

Carl