[Catalyst-dev] Re: RFC: Changing Tutorial From HTML::Widget to C::C::FormBuilder

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 08:53:30 GMT 2007

On 28/02/07, A. Pagaltzis <pagaltzis at gmx.de> wrote:
> * Carl Franks <fireartist at gmail.com> [2007-02-27 17:55]:
> > formfu isn't going to be released to cpan (even as a dev
> > release) until I'm happy it's stable (likely at least a couple
> > of months). So though it would be nice to see it in the
> > tutorial, it's not very practical for most people to use
> > immediately.
>
> Are there any docs? Design docs? A mailing list?
>
> I never heard of it before, probably because I dropped off the
> H-W list a while ago; I assume I'm not the only one.

I've been trying not to mention it too much off of the html-widget
mailing list, as it's still changing quite a bit - so there's only a
couple of other people experimenting with it at the moment.
The pod is out of date, so the most accurate docs are the tests.
It started off using the html-widget codebase, but is not backward
compatible, as there are many fundamental differences.

The svn addresses for HTML::FormFu,
Catalyst::Controller::HTML::FormFu, DBIx::Class::FormFu and
HTML::FormFu::Dojo are:
http://html-formfu.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
http://catalyst-controller-html-formfu.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
http://dbix-class-formfu.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/