[Catalyst-dev] [Catalyst] Domain Model Auth Store

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Tue Jan 2 18:41:17 GMT 2007

Matt S Trout wrote:
> =

> On 2 Jan 2007, at 18:03, Christopher H. Laco wrote:
> =

>> Long story longer, I'm finally working on Mango. This week I'm focusing
>> on the general bits...auth, roles, sessions, etc.
>>
>> I'm currently using Store::DBIC to get auth/db up and running. Now that
>> it is running, I want to ditch the use of Schema classes directly in
>> favor of a full domain model for auth.
>>
>> In theory, this should be nothing more than writing:
>>
>>   ::Store::Mango
>>   ::Store::Mango::Backend
>>   ::Store::Mango::User
> =

> I'd vote for separate files.
> =

> I'd also vote for getting a conversation going on catalyst-dev about
> doing a Store::Model instead of a mango-specific one that basically
> defines a protocol the model needs to support (possibly with Moose
> roles) in order to operate; I'd be happy to work with you on design
> therefore since I'm planning a domain model approach to auth in reaction
> as well.

Game on. This seems to be a common issue for those of us who don't feel
comfortable letting Auth use our schema classes directly.

I guess the first trick of anything like Store::Model is that it
shouldn't assume very much about how the model are built (Moose or no
uderneath).

I have not clue on where this needs to go.

-=3DChris