[Catalyst-dev] RFC: DWIM redirects

Robert 'phaylon' Sedlacek rs at 474.at
Sat Jan 6 20:26:47 GMT 2007

Jonathan Rockway said:

> During a recent IRC conversation, the idea came up to implement a
> $c->redirect
> method that works like $c->forward.  It will accept an application path
> ('/controller/action', etc.) and will immediately halt processing (like
> $c->detach('action')) but will issue an HTTP redirect to the uri_for the
> action.

Sounds great, I'm just worried users will confuse $c->req->redirect and
$c->redirect. Although, I'm rather worried they'll get confused while
trying to get help in #catalyst :) How about 'redirect_to'?
'external_forward' sounds a bit goofy.

--
# Robert 'phaylon' Sedlacek
# Perl 5/Catalyst Developer in Hamburg, Germany