[Catalyst-dev] Repository layouts

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Thu Jul 5 01:27:50 GMT 2007

On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 05:38:50PM -0500, Jonathan Rockway wrote:
> On Friday 29 June 2007 03:03:52 am Kieren Diment wrote:
> > > Here's the basic proposal -
> > >
> > > Catalyst-Runtime/5.70/trunk # current trunk
> > > Catalyst-Runtime/5.70/branches/* # probably empty
> > > Catalyst-Runtime/5.80/trunk # new -current equivalent
> > > Catalyst-Runtime/5.80/branches/* # equivalent of
> > > branches/Catalyst-Runtime/ now
> > >
> > > Catalyst-Runtime/tags # tags. shockingly.
>
> I like this.  It will be much easier to automatically migrate to a different
> version control system if we feel like it.
>
> Is the plan to do the same for everything else?
>
> Catalyst-Plugin-Something/trunk
> Catalyst-Plugin-Something/branches
> Catalyst-Plugin-Something/tags

I was going to cut across Catalyst core and DBIx-Class only to begin with.

Then if it works we can script the migration for everything else and if it
doesn't your poor benighted repo admin (i.e. me :) only has the two projects
he's most familiar with to reorg a second time, which makes it easier for
me to spot something going wrong.