[Catalyst-dev] RFC: Catalyst::Plugin::[Warnings|Advice|Critic|...]

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Fri Jul 13 08:24:08 GMT 2007

I'm thinking of a writing module* that will provide runtime advice on the
user's Catalyst choices.  For exampe, if they use an old cache plugin, a
warning like "use of deprecated plugin Cache::Foobar" will show up.  It can
be disabled with a line like "no Catalyst::Warnings qw(deprecated::cache)" or
whatever.  (Another thing it should warn about is index/default/etc. instead
of the newer :Path :Args(0).)

Anyway, since mst can't be everywhere, this could be a good way of educating
the users that don't keep up with every IRC conversation... without causing
them trouble if they don't want it.  Sort of like "use strict" or
Perl::Critic.

Ideas?  Anything specific you want included?

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway

[*] Although I'm certainly not the first person to come up with this idea.

--
package JAPH;use Catalyst qw/-Debug/;($;=JAPH)->config(name => do {
$,.=reverse qw[Jonathan tsu rehton lre rekca Rockway][$_].[split //,