[Catalyst-dev] X-Forwarded-* headers patches

Dave Rolsky autarch at urth.org
Sun Jun 17 16:27:30 GMT 2007

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007, Andy Grundman wrote:

> The one issue I have with this patch is that there may be plugins out there
> that rely on the current code and need the adjusted proxy values during a
> prepare_* stage.  The session plugins come to mind and may be broken by this
> patch.

An alternative would be to have a bunch of X_from_proxy methods that
engines are expected to call in the appropriate prepare_X method.

For example, we could have hostname_from_proxy (and a few others) called
in the prepare_path method.

This is a little more intrusive, because each engine has to be changed to
make these calls. Ideally, it seems like the engines could share more code
inherited from Catalyst::Engine, as they're doing largely the same things.

-dave