[Catalyst-dev] branch cleanup

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Mon Jun 18 00:29:23 GMT 2007

Hi all,

There are a lot of branches hanging around right now.  Can we either merge
them, discuss them, or delete them?  I'll be cleaning up mine (described
below) after YAPC.

Some that I have:
 -modularscripts: make scripts use modules instead of contain actual code
 -proxystuff: see previous message (patches from Dave Rolsky for making
proxying work better)

Additionally, I have some catalyst.pl refactoring going on in current that
doesn't really depend on any major changes in Catalyst.  I would be inclined
to split it out, but I don't trust my svk cherry-picking skills :)

Here is everything else in branches/, with my (ignorant) comments:

app_context_split (merge into current?)
Catalyst-Action-REST (?)
Catalyst-Controller-FormBuilder (?)
Catalyst-Controller-FormBuilder-Multi (?)
Catalyst-Devel-trunk-fixscripts (pretty sure this is mine; will delete
probably)
Catalyst-Engine-SCGI (rotting now that proxystuff exists !)
Catalyst-Helper-Graphics
Catalyst-Log-Log4perl
Catalyst-Plugin-Authentication
Catalyst-Plugin-Server
Catalyst-Plugin-Upload-Digest
Catalyst-Plugin-Upload-SHA1
Catalyst-Runtime-ctx-uri_for_action (move to current?)
Catalyst-Runtime-exceptions (move to current?)
Catalyst-View-TT-nothingmuch_constructor_refactoring
current (needs some attention :)
Digest-SHA2
Digest-Whirlpool
do_action
HTML-Widget-fireartist (old?)
HTTP-Body-refactor (fixed?)
site-notrac (yay for notrac :)

I'm most concerned about forming a plan for what to do with app/ctx and
current.  Can we combine these, test test test, and release 5.8?  I know some
of us want a new plugin API for 5.8, but maybe we should just get this one
done and add that for a quick 5.9?

Anyway, I just sort of want to get mentally organized.  I hate to have good
code lost to bitrot, so please speak up so we can release your code :)

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway

--
package JAPH;use Catalyst qw/-Debug/;($;=JAPH)->config(name => do {
$,.=reverse qw[Jonathan tsu rehton lre rekca Rockway][$_].[split //,