[Catalyst-dev] Point release patch

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 11:05:16 GMT 2007

OK

I traced my problems to Catalyst::Engine and Catalyst::Test.  So here's a
patch on those two that should make for a point release.  Note that the
Catalyst::Test patch still contains edge cases for non-root deployments -
say 'where server path is /foo/bar and you want to request /foo/bar/foo/bar
there's going to be trouble.  However the poor fool who does this will find
that their tests pass with the build in server but fail under a non-root
situation, at which point it's their problem.

Jrockway says he has a refactored Catalyst::Test in current somewhere, and
as someone who has had the misfortune to work with the present
implementation, I'm all for someone to dig that out and have a look.

So I've committed changes to Catalyst::Engine::CGI and Catalyst::Test to
trunk.  The relevent changesets are:

http://dev.catalystframework.org/changeset/6164
http://dev.catalystframework.org/changeset/6163
http://dev.catalystframework.org/changeset/6162

Andyg said that he'd put keepalive back in but that he'd reduce the timings
or something (server stuff is really not my thing).

In any case, I'd really like it if there was a point release by this time
next week.