[Catalyst-dev] Re: RFC: Catalyst::View::Email and Catalyst::View::TemplateEmail

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 16:17:24 GMT 2007

On 3/23/07, A. Pagaltzis <pagaltzis at gmx.de> wrote:
> * Jonathan Rockway <jon at jrock.us> [2007-03-23 06:30]:
> > What's wrong with just C::V::Email?  Are people realistically
> > going to use anything else?
>
> That's fine if the module is template engine agnostic. If not
> (but it should be), then the template engine should be included
> in the name (à la C::V::Email::TT).
>
> Regards,
> --
> Aristotle Pagaltzis // <http://plasmasturm.org/>

I agree with Aristotle, and I think C::V::Email::(TT|Mason) works
better.  If no engine is specified, it will simply look at stash keys
for the content.  I can't imagine why someone would have a Catalyst
app without some templating engine in place, but... there are stranger
things out there.

-Jay

--
J. Shirley :: jshirley at gmail.com :: Killing two stones with one bird...