[Catalyst-dev] Re: PATCH - Multiple ActionClass attributes [OT]

Jason Kohles email at jasonkohles.com
Tue May 8 22:25:35 GMT 2007

On May 8, 2007, at 5:09 PM, John Napiorkowski wrote:

> --- Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 10:55:20PM +0000, Jonas
>> Alves wrote:
>>> It appears that no one  is interested in having
>> this in core. I can rewrote
>>> it as a plugin or as a base controller. What do
>> you guys think is more sane?
>>
>> Neither. Instead, help us get -current converted to
>> Moose so we can do
>> this with runtime role application - the massively
>> better elegance of this
>> solution is the reason the last couple patches like
>> yours have been rejected.
>>
>> Next time, RFC modifications like this before you
>> get started - it'll save
>> you a lot of wasted effort :)
>
> Migrating the Catalyst codebase to Moose sounds
> fantastic yet almost seems like a rewrite.  Is there
> the rumblings of a TODO list for this anywhere since
> I'd like to be involved, after catching up on some of
> the other things I'm committed to.

Is there seriously effort being put into converting Catalyst to
Moose?  Is there a list of people who are interested in forking
rather than going that route?  Moose is the main reason I gave up on
trying to do anything with Reaction.

--
Jason Kohles
email at jasonkohles.com
http://www.jasonkohles.com/
"A witty saying proves nothing."  -- Voltaire