[Catalyst-dev] Re: RFC: Catalyst::View::Email and Catalyst::View::TemplateEmail

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Sat May 12 20:05:31 GMT 2007

Well, I said a few weeks, and I guess I meant 2 months.

But... a developer-ready-to-hack version 0.01 is out:
http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/Catalyst/trunk/Catalyst-View-Email

I have a tarball up if anybody wants it:
http://staff.toeat.com/~jshirley/Catalyst-View-Email-0.01.tar.gz

And, some example syntax:
sub test_action : Path('') {
    my ( $self, $c ) = @_;

    $c->stash->{email} = {
        to      => 'jshirley at toeat.com',
        from    => 'no-reply at toeat.com',
        subject => 'Just a test',
        content_type => 'multipart/alternative',
        templates => [
            qw{text_plain/test.tt},
            qw{text_html/test.tt}
        ]
    };
    $c->forward('View::Email::Template');
    if ( scalar( @{ $c->error } ) ) {
        $c->log->_dump($c->error);
        $c->error(0);
        $c->res->body('Email was not sent, there was an error!');
    } else {
        $c->res->body('Email was sent ok.');
    }
}

Hope you all have fun poking at it :)  Sorry it took so long as well.
I really wanted to have this out about 3-4 weeks earlier.

--
J. Shirley :: jshirley at gmail.com :: Killing two stones with one bird...
http://www.toeat.com