[Catalyst-dev] Patch for Catalyst::uri_for

Erik Broes erikbroes at ripe.net
Fri May 18 15:45:31 GMT 2007

Hi,

After running into some troubles using $c->uri_for and talking with mst on IRC
I decided to give it a fixing-shot.

Attached is the patch for my finalised version diffed to the current trunk
(6401).

Some notes:
 - Rewrote uri_for to do a lot less string-fiddling. It became less
   userfriendly but it does what you expect of it.
 - Minor pod changes to reflect the changes in the code.
 - Fixed bug where a key in the params needing urlencoding would be used after
   encoding to look up the value.
 - Added test for the calling with a 'C::Action' object + optional argument.
 - Added more tests to prove consistency in handling different situations. You
   don't end up with an extra '/' before a '?' unless you really intended to.
 - The $req->match test was removed because from my pov nothing additional was
   tested. If i'm mistaken please put it back in with a comment ^^.
 - mst pointed out using calls to URI:: is rather slow so that code should be
   inlined. I did not do that so that might need to be done.

Erik Broes