[Catalyst-dev] Fix for system() returning -1 on dev server

Andy Grundman andy at hybridized.org
Sat Oct 27 17:46:07 GMT 2007

On Oct 27, 2007, at 2:22 AM, Jon Schutz wrote:

>> Also, your patch has no tests.
>
> optional_http-server.t + live_fork.t already tests for this and was
> failing the tests for system() and backticks return codes.  Post-patch
> it passes system() and still fails backticks exit code.

Hmm, even with the patch both the system and backticks tests fail for
me.  The output is the same with or without the patch:

1..13
ok 1 - system
Use of uninitialized value in join or string at t/live_fork.t line 30.
ok 2 - is YAML
not ok 3 - exited OK
#   Failed test 'exited OK'
#   at t/live_fork.t line 34.
#          got: 'No child processes'
#     expected: '0'
ok 4 - `backticks`
ok 5 - is YAML
not ok 6 - exited successfully
#   Failed test 'exited successfully'
#   at t/live_fork.t line 45.
#          got: '-1'
#     expected: '0'
ok 7 - contains ^/bin/ls$
ok 8 - contains two newlines
ok 9 - fork
ok 10 - is YAML
ok 11 - fork's "pid" wasn't 0
ok 12 - fork got a new pid
ok 13 - fork was effective
# Looks like you failed 2 tests of 13.

FYI for others... in order to run this test you need to comment out
lines 18 and 19 of live_fork.t and run:

TEST_HTTP=1 perl -Ilib t/optional_http-server.t t/live_fork.t