[Catalyst-dev] Advent 2007

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Tue Oct 30 16:57:27 GMT 2007

J. Shirley wrote:
> Here's a list, we can shuffle days around as necessary.
> =

> =

> Day 1 - Catalyst Application Design, jrockway
> Day 2 - Catalyst Base Classes - ???
> Day 3 - REST Redux, Using RESTful services and YUI; jshirley
> Day 4 - Catalyst Configuration
> Day 5 - $c->uri_for fun and profit - purge

Just a personal request for Day 5. Please please please cover the trials
and tribulations of the damn ending / variations.

uri_for($id, 'create/')

vs.

uri_for($id, 'create', '/')

vs.

uri_for($action, '.')

vs.

uri_for($action . '.')

vs.

begin {
   ...code to append / if it's not there///
}

Every single time I step away from Catalyst for a while and come back,
this is the first thing I constantly fight. Not all ways end in the same
output, and it's damn annoying imho...but I annoy easily. :-)

For folk who are in the "but it's a resource so it shoulodn't end in /"
camp, the defaults work just dandy. For us folk who like the "always end
things in /" side of things, it's a constant struggle...across versions
and across different ways to use uri_for, and action_for, even in the
latest version.

-=3DChris

-- =

Let them eat cake and false positives.

-----BEGIN NSATT SNOOP BLOCK-----
building bomb tower terrorist grenade c4 explosive plot hijack
plane police feds white house guns dirty device convoy president
war chemical death drop off mule undercover launch rocket drug
covert cell cerin mass infidel Allah package subway mass