[Catalyst-dev] Search for catalyst site

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 17:55:02 GMT 2007

On 9/5/07, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 08:55:52AM -0700, J. Shirley wrote:
> > On 9/2/07, Adam Bartosik <moldovenu at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I've just added search to catalyst site. I thought about direct
> > > "search box" however it is too wide to fit there now and just too work
> > > with css. So there is only a link to custom google search with set of
> > > catalyst sites.
> > >
> > > About custom g search: this is connected to google user. Maybe someone
> > > of you would like to manage it on its own account /'cause i am new and
> > > no one knows me and i can make stupid things with this bla bla - just
> > > tell me/.
> > >
> > > We should be able to customize the layout of the search pages to be
> > > more like catalyst site /see eg.
> > >

> http://www.googlesyndicatedsearch.com/u/ZHR?hl=3Den&domains=3Dzhr.pl&ie=
=3DISO-8859-1&q=3Dperl&btnG=3DSearch&sitesearch=3Dzhr.pl
> > > - but now this pure search should just works.
> >
> > I'd like to incorporate this patch, any objections?  I'll setup the
> search
> > under my own user and work with Adam to get it "right"
>
> You have point on the site stuff atm. JDFI++
>
> --
>       Matt S Trout       Need help with your Catalyst or DBIx::Class
> project?
>    Technical Director    Want a managed development or deployment
> platform?
> Shadowcat Systems Ltd.  Contact mst (at) shadowcatsystems.co.uk for a
> quote
> http://chainsawblues.vox.com/
> http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/

Given that syndicated search pays out as part of the AdSense program, I want
to give people a chance to go "Hey!" and chip in.

I'm going to use my own info, and I'll show reports of any moneys earned
(you can email out the reports once a month or whatever).  I'm not expecting
there to be any significant revenue, really.  Anything that does come in I
suppose goes to Beer Rewards?

-J

-- =

J. Shirley :: jshirley at gmail.com :: Killing two stones with one bird...