[Catalyst-dev] RFC: Catalyst::View::Mason::Templated

Sebastian Willert willert at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 10:36:39 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-18 at 08:19 +0100, Ash Berlin wrote:
> Sebastian Willert wrote:
> >
> > Here's the POD, so please tell me what you think.
> > ---
> >
> > OVERWRITTEN METHODS
> >   new( $c, ?$args )
> >   Parses the mason config and builds a valid "comp_root" out of the
> >   "INCLUDE_PATH" config variable.
> >

> I don't think the end user cares that this module have been
> overridden/written. Probably should just me moved to a CONFIG section
> and ignore the fact that new does INCLUDE_PATH -> comp_root

Probably you are right, especially because new() is called implicitly
during Catalyst setup.

> > INCOMPTIBILITIES
> >   CHARSET
> >   The charset of a template no longer defaults to 'utf-8'
> >

> Any reason why you don't put this back in anyway?

Mostly because it is the way Catalyst::View::Templated handles charsets
and I strove for maximum API compatibility with it. The charset is set
to utf-8 if is_utf8() returns true, though, but I didn't manage to force
Mason to produce anything but octet streams. I haven't looked too much
in this issue so if anyone can give me some advice concerning
HTML::Mason and charsets, please step up.

> Apart from those it seems sane - but I don't know Mason at all if that
> matters.

Thanks, and thanks for correcting some of my spelling mistakes.

Cheers,
  Sebastian