[Catalyst-dev] Catalyst::View::TT and PROVIDERS

Andreas Marienborg omega at palle.net
Mon Apr 28 12:09:14 BST 2008

Hello

I try to use Template::Provider::Encoding, to make usage of utf-8
encoded templates easier. The problem is that to make it work nicely,
I need to do something with Catalyst::View::TT. The issue is that I
need to tell the PROVIDER about INCLUDE_PATH, but the INCLUDE_PATH
gets set after all the PROVIDERS are done initializing, and thus any
$c->stash->{additional_template_paths} gets lost.

I have created a patch (attached) that extends the View::TT PROVIDERS
config-key a bit, and also reorders the constructor a little.

The net benefit is that the PROVIDER initialization code now can copy
config-keys from the main config, and when it copies INCLUDE_PATH, it
copies the one with the coderef, which ends in
additional_template_paths working when I use the Encoding-provider.

- andreas