[Catalyst-dev] Proposal to the Perl Foundation for CatalystX::Installer

Paul Cain fat.perl.hacker at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 17:57:29 BST 2008

What if rather than having command line options, you could just use
WWW::Mechanize to automatically fill out the forms with a script.

Something like:

use WWW::Mechanize;
my $mech = WWW::Mechanize->new();

#Your password shouldn't be hardcoded into a script this way in practice
$mech->submit_form(
        fields      => {
            username    => 'admin',
            password    => 'mypass',
        }
);

$mech->submit_form(
        fields    => {
                  dbd       => 'sqlite',
                  dbname => 'foo.db',
                  #ect
        },
);

This would be easier than implementing two seperate interfaces for the
command line and GUI, and with a little golf it could probably be done
in a few perl -e commands.