[Catalyst-dev] diag, not warn

Ashley apv at sedition.com
Mon Aug 11 05:25:09 BST 2008

On Aug 10, 2008, at 8:50 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:

>>> It prevents the output from fucking up the harness.
>>
>> I don't think the harness looks for anything on STDERR.
>
> `diag` sends stuff to STDERR. So yes, it does.

Is that true? I don't know the suite well but a casual peek at
Test::Builder's guts looks like it goes to STDERR and STDOUT
alternately depending on whether the output was from failure or from
intentional calls. I think the reason it never interferes with test
harness is that the output is escaped/#commented.

-Ashley