[Catalyst-dev] Re: Important Question About Recommended Environment For The Tutorial

hkclark at gmail.com hkclark at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 17:19:25 GMT 2008

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 12:12 PM, <hkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> After talking to MST I realized that I have been way overdue getting a no=
te
> out to the group on an issue that's pretty fundamental to the tutorial (I
> had some one-on-one discussions about it, but I don't think I did anything
> to the whole group).  Sorry for not getting something like this out to the
> group sooner and sorry for this email being so long (but it's kind of a b=
ig
> topic with a somewhat long history and potentially important ramifications
> for the future).
>
> <snip>

I forgot to mention that I haven't done any recent testing with
Task::Catalyst::Tutorial.  I could see where doing something like having
cat-install create just a basic Catalyst environment and then using
T::C::Tutorial to complete the install might be less error-prone than the
method in Catalyst::Manual::Installation::CentOS4, but unless I'm missing
something, it still seams like it leaves lots of room for some of the same
issues I describe in my original note.  Let me me know if I'm looking at it
the wrong way.

Thanks!
Kennedy