[Catalyst-dev] Re: [Catalyst] Race condition in Catalyst::Plugin::Session and Catalyst::Engine::Apache (possibly other engines too)

Sergio Salvi sergio.lists at salvi.ca
Thu Dec 11 16:51:27 GMT 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 9:43 AM, Sergio Salvi <sergio.lists at salvi.ca> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 2:12 PM, Matt Pitts <mpitts at a3its.com> wrote:
>> I think this might be affecting my application as well - HTTP::Prefork
>> *and* FastCGI instances using memcached for cache/session storage.
>>
>> I'm getting random "duplicate key" failures when trying to write the
>> sessionid to the Cart table and other strange session behavior. It just
>> started happening a few weeks ago and I've done a lot of troubleshooting
>> on it - thought it might be caused by this session save issue.
>>
>> Anybody know of the status of this?
>
> My apologies for the delay. I'll get my session patch committed today,
> which will *not* fix the duplicate key issue -- that's another patch
> I'm working on which will store "flash" inside the session row.
>
> Sergio

Committed: http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/svnweb/Catalyst/browse/branches/Catalyst-Plugin-Session/

I'll soon merge the two patches into a single patch.

I've been successfully using the finalize_race_condition patch in
production for about 2 months. The flash inside session patch is brand
new, but all tests passed :)

Please try it out and let me know how it works for you.

Sergio