[Catalyst-dev] Re: [Catalyst] Config-only components

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Wed Feb 13 01:07:32 GMT 2008

* On Tue, Feb 12 2008, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Castaway mentioned the idea of having components defined entirely by
> config entries, without the need for any actual class files on disk, and
> I was bored, so I went ahead and implemented it.

Hi ilmari,

I applied this to my private repository last night, played with it a
bit, and quite like it.  I've thought about it a bit and don't consider
it to be particularly invasive, although it's definitely not a bugfix.

Anyone else have an opinion on the worthiness of this patch for
inclusion in 5.70?  I'm thinking it would be possible to make this a
plugin with only a small cleanliness sacrifice.  I'll see if I can make
that work tonight...

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway