[Catalyst-dev] Prepping a new plugin for release, what's the procedure?

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 8 00:07:14 GMT 2008

Hi,

I have a plugin that restarts the Catalyst application
when a running process exceeds a configured memory
threshold.  Since dealing with memory leaks is a
reoccurring issue for people, this plugin could be
useful to people as a bandaid until they can figure
out the root cause of the leak.

Matt suggested the namespace for this to be
"Catalyst::Plugin::MaxSize".  I'd like to make sure 1)
the community is cool with me using that namespace for
this and 2) if I should put this someplace in the
Catalyst repository so that the community can take
ownership of it should something happen to me.  If so,
I'd appreciate if someone could let me know the
procedure for getting checkin to the repository and
where this should go (I expect trunk, but could easily
be wrong).

Thanks,

John