[Catalyst-dev] uri_for method is broken in latest release

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed Jan 16 07:27:03 GMT 2008

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 03:14:26PM +0900, Daisuke Murase wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that current uri_for returned broken uri when multibyte chars
> was passed.
> Though I also checked svn repo, it still broken.
>
> Here is a patch and test for it. (both attached)

Brian, can you have a quick play with this and apply it?

> And one more thing, why current uri_for doesn't do canonical?

For RSS/atom feeds etc.

I think 5.80 should probably include an action_uri method that provides
an easier interface to the uri_for($action, ...) style and that will
likely default to not including host/port but provide an option to do so.

If anybody wants to have a go at writing such a method, patches would be
very welcome :)