[Catalyst-dev] Catalyst::Request is missing a function for initial/previous URI

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Thu Jul 17 16:01:49 BST 2008

On 17 Jul 2008, at 14:25, Markus Zimmermann wrote:

> When using a Catalyst action as ErrorDocument handler in Apache-
> mod_perl,
> $c->req->uri does not give the URI the user typed in, but the one
> registered
> as handler. This makes it impossible to for example use a 404
> handler as
> search shortcut.
>
> The attached patch adds an "initial_uri" accessor to
> Catalyst::Request to give
> access to that information. Please review and apply if everything's
> ok.

This looks reasonably sane to me, however:

1) There are no tests..
2) Shouldn't you do *something* with initial_uri in engines other
than Apache? Surely it should return something sane no matter what
engine you are using.. Otherwise you're not going to be able to
develop / test your application other than under Apache..

Cheers
t0m