[Catalyst-dev] Re: Developing action_uri() for Catalyst 5.80

Jason Gottshall jgottshall at capitoladvantage.com
Tue Jun 10 20:19:16 BST 2008

Carl Johnstone wrote:
> $c->action_uri($action, undef, undef, undef); #use same caps/args/query
> as current
> $c->action_uri($action); #ditto
>
> $c->action_uri($action, [], [], {});  # blank caps/args/query

Hmm, I'm not sure I like the idea of the default being to repeat the
current caps/args/query. I'd have thought it makes more sense to assume
there are NO caps/args/query if they're not supplied, since it's easy
enough to grab the current sets from the request object and pass them
along if that's what you really want. But I'm willing to hear arguments
that the goal of action_uri() should be to simplify the creation of URIs
that are in some way related to the current path.

Jason