[Catalyst-dev] Re: Moose port progress report

Guillermo Roditi groditi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 01:51:04 BST 2008

I'd also like to ann one more thing to the TODOd

Currently, C<use Catalyst;> will alter caller's ISA and inject
Catalyst and Catalyst::Controller. I think this is not nice, and I'd
like it if we could change the recommended way to do things and the
help's script to do use (?:base|parent);

Additionally. I'd like to have use Catalyst inject ISA, but NOT
Controller. This means that people who added actions in their APP file
will see things blow because of attributes, which suck. So basically
we will have to add some attr code to Catalyst.pm that gives a helpful
error message about what exactly you are doing wrong. This means that
if you are stubborn and want to keep your actions in APP you'll have
to manually add Controller to your ISA, which isnt much work.

Anyone have a problem with that?

Also: We need more volunteers!!!!

--
Guillermo Roditi (groditi)