[Catalyst-dev] Moose port progress report

Dave Rolsky autarch at urth.org
Mon Mar 31 15:39:26 BST 2008

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, John Napiorkowski wrote:

> This would make a plugin I'm working on for monitoring/restarting the
> application a lot easier. I've had to do a lot of hacking just to
> simulate role stuff, so I am in favor of it.  However I think people who
> have a lot of existing plugins might feel nervious :)

Personally, I'd like to see this work get be aggressive in its breakage of
old idioms, but have it released under a new namespace, like Catalyst6.

There's a lot of cruft in Catalyst worth excising, but at the same time, I
don't want a simple "cpan install Catalyst" to break my apps horribly ;)

-dave

VegGuide.Org
Your guide to all that's veg