[Catalyst-dev] Catalyst test suite

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Wed May 7 15:44:53 BST 2008

On 6 May 2008, at 19:23, Andy Grundman wrote:

> OK I can't really comment on doing that... in my mind a Catalyst
> app should be portable to any engine, and not use POE things that
> would require a specific engine.  You might be better off writing a
> pure POE app using one of the several POE HTTP servers.

I've found the POE HTTP servers to be a little lacking in error
handling.

They work fine, but have a tendency to explode / misbehave if you
send malformed requests at them, so I wouldn't use them in Internet
facing production.. There were also large problems with memory leaks
in one of the servers I tried, so watch out which one you use...

Sorry for not being more specific (about which ones) - this was ~ 6
months ago so my memory is fading, and the situation has probably
moved on - but I'd be wary of exposing POE HTTP server components to
the wider internet / a heavy load.. As I said, things may have moved
on, and it may all be fine, but I'd do some of your own testing
before building a full app against one to make sure that it fits your
needs...

Cheers
Tom