[Catalyst-dev] Fwd: MRO::Compat / Class::C3 / Catalyst / Moose

Guillermo Roditi groditi at gmail.com
Fri May 23 16:42:16 GMT 2008

> Ignoring the fact that all the plugins will need to re-released with a 'use
> Moose' and some simple changes. Or some for of compat layer that tries its
> best to retro fit a simple Moosification onto a plugin. Is that even
> possible?

Not only is it possible, it has been implemented, added to catalyst
and released on the CPAN. Please see
MooseX::Emulate::Class::Accessor::Fast it's been on the CPAN for a
year. This was written expressly with this purpose in mind. It's proof
that we have actually been doing more than talking about the Catalyst
moose port all year.

Plugins will _NOT_ need to be re-released. We are aiming for 100%
compat! It is in the developer's best interest to update their
plugins, but it will by no means be required.

--
Guillermo Roditi (groditi)