[Catalyst-dev] CataMoose & C::Model::Adaptor do not play nice?

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Tue May 20 17:07:58 GMT 2008

Post to the list as requested in #catalyst-dev -
Catalyst::Model::Adaptor and CataMoose don't play too well together
(i.e. not at all currently).

This is something to do with C::M::A's use of Class::C3's
next::method stuff (I think), and happens in the COMPONENT method of
Catalyst::Component, but I haven't really got any further to
debugging this than that.

How I produced a test case below:

$ cd Catamoose
$ script/catalyst.pl TestApp
$ cat > TestApp/lib/ExternalModel.pm
package ExternalModel;
use Moose;

has thingie => ( is => 'rw', isa => 'Str' );

1;
$ cat > TestApp/lib/TestApp/Model/External.pm
package TestApp::Model::External;
use base 'Catalyst::Model::Adaptor';
__PACKAGE__->config( class => 'ExternalModel' );

1;

$ perl -Ilib -ITestApp/lib TestApp/script/testapp_server.pl -p 3005
Couldn't instantiate component "TestApp::Model::External", "need
class at lib/Catalyst.pm line 1927" at TestApp/script/
testapp_server.pl line 53
Compilation failed in require at TestApp/script/testapp_server.pl
line 53.

$ perl -ITestApp/lib TestApp/script/testapp_server.pl -p 3005
[debug] Debug messages enabled
[debug] Statistics enabled
etc.etc.etc

So it falls on it's ass in the Moose branch, but works with normal
Catalyst.

I've tarred up the TestApp that I built and attached it to this mail.

Hope this helps someone make a test from it / sort it out etc..

Cheers
t0m